Parents Plus Programmes are practical, positive and evidence-based programmes which are ideal for parents and for adults working with children and young people. The programmes follow international best-practice guidelines as described by the UK’s National Institute for Clinical Excellence.
Based upon extensive research, Daffodil Care Services have devised these programmes using Parents Plus tools specifically tailored to meet the needs of vulnerable families.
Programmes can be delivered in group sessions as well as on an individual basis and may be used as a preventive programme in frontline and community settings and/or as an intervention in specialist settings. The focus of a Parents Plus Programme is a positive one. It aims to build on parents’ strengths and empower them not only to solve discipline problems but also to have more positive and enjoyable relationships with their children.
At Daffodil Care, we are very pleased to offer:
Parents Plus Children’s Programme
Parenting When Separated Programme
Our facilitators will tailor the established Parents Plus Programme to the needs of the group or individual. We also offer a real community support through our work with vulnerable families in their homes and offering support services and interventions using Parents Plus tools.
Topics covered include:
- Play and special time with children
- Setting rules and helping children keep them
- Establishing daily routines
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions
- Solving childhood problems/talking problems through with children
The Adolescents’ Programme reflects on how parents can connect and build positive relationships with the teenagers they work with or their own children. It also empowers people to be firm and influential in creating these positive relationships.
Topics covered include:
- Getting to know and connecting with teenagers
- Communicating positively and effectively
- Building your teenagers self-esteem and confidence
- Negotiating rules and boundaries
- Managing conflict
- Positive discipline for teenagers
- Teaching teenagers responsibilities and solving problems together
Parenting when Separated Programme is a six week psycho-educational course for parents who are parenting alone, preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce.
Specific topics covered to help parents:
- Solve co-parenting problems in a positive way that focused on the needs of children
- Cope with the emotional impact of separation and learn stress management techniques
- Help your children cope with the impact of the separation both emotionally and practically
- Enhance communication with their children and between both parents
Parental Capacity Assessment
Parenting is a complex and subjective topic. With diverse and individual parenting styles, parenting is difficult to assess and there is no single “correct” way to raise a child. Our assessment covers areas such as childcare and development, behaviour management, independent living skills, safety and hygiene, parents’ health, relationships and support, and the impact of the environment and community on parenting.
Utilising a format that interfaces well with the Framework for the Assessment of Vulnerable Children & their Families, Daffodil Care have developed an excellent range of tools designed to deliver independent, comprehensive and evidence based reports.
For enquires and further information, please contact Carlos on 086 6081760.
Social Care Training Ireland have published their September to December 2017 training schedule to their website www.socialcaretraining.ie.
They now have over 50 courses scheduled in Cork, Dublin, Carlow, Kerry, Kildare, Limerick and Galway.
13th September: Child Protection - Mitchelstown, Co. Cork
14th September: Child Protection - Swords, Co. Dublin
14th & 15th September: First Ai...